I want the 90s Back...

Ah nostalgia… What is it about looking back into the times of our youth that makes us so blissful? Perhaps it is that free, happy-go-lucky innocence we possessed of a more easy-going era. Or maybe things back then were just more awesome than they are now. I suppose I am biased because I grew up during this decade, but for my money, the 90s was a golden age of entertainment and pop culture. Hell, even now I find myself playing through games like Mario 3, Secret of Mana, and Turtles in Time, taking a trip down memory lane with old episodes of Nickelodeon shows, or STILL laughing my ass of watching Dumb and Dumber and Billy Madison. Ok, so it was the decade that birthed the crap known as grunge music, but that is a small price to pay considering all the overwhelming awesomeness that outweighed it in gaming, TV, movies, and well, SOME music too I guess..
Too much awesome in one picture...

As you will come to discover, a good portion of this site will be dealing with retro games, but the epicness of the decade extended well beyond just the video games. If the 90s happen to be a little before your time, you will soon see what I am talking about as you scroll down. So prepare to get lost in a wave of nostalgia as we take a look back at some our blissful childhoods by means of some images which perfectly summed up our thoughts as we reminisce:

Comments